Do B12 Shots Give You Energy?
If your energy levels have been sagging lately, you’re probably searching for a solution. Besides getting more sleep—which can be difficult for many people due to underlying health conditions, work and school schedules, and a number of other factors—is there anything you can do to get back to feeling like yourself again?
In researching how to address energy loss, you may have come across vitamin B12 injections and wondered whether they might help. If it turns out that you have a B12 deficiency, B12 shots could potentially boost your energy levels. We’ve compiled some valuable information to help you decide whether to pursue B12 injection therapy.
What Is B12?
B12 (also known as cobalamin) is an important vitamin that helps support:
- Cell metabolism
- DNA production
- Nerve function
- Red blood cell formation
B12 is naturally found in many foods, including dairy products, eggs, poultry, meat, and fish.
What Could Cause a B12 Deficiency?
Doctors generally recommend that adults consume approximately 2.4 micrograms of B12 each day. However, because many people get their B12 from dairy and meat products, vegetarians and vegans have a higher risk of developing a deficiency. Certain health conditions affecting the digestive tract could also prevent someone from properly absorbing nutrients from food, which could in turn lead to a B12 deficiency. Older adults also tend to be more susceptible to B12 deficiencies.
What Are the Symptoms of a B12 Deficiency?
A B12 deficiency can cause a number of unpleasant symptoms, including fatigue and muscle weakness. Other potential consequences include:
- Intestinal problems
- Mood disturbances
- Nerve damage
The Provider to Choose for B12 Shots
If you’re diagnosed with a B12 deficiency and you opt to treat it with B12 injections, you’ll want to ensure that you’re purchasing the highest-quality products. Luckily, you can turn to Pharmacy Rx Solutions, a respected hormone replacement therapy provider that serves customers throughout the United States. We’re pleased to supply qualifying patients with MIC injections that, in addition to B12 (methylcobalamin), contain the following vitamins and amino acids:
- Ascorbic acid, which supports the immune system
- Choline (the “C” in MIC), which helps maintain the memory and nervous system, and also transports fatty deposits from the liver
- Inositol (the “I” in MIC), which helps maintain cell structures and nerve impulses
- L-Carnitine, which transports fatty acids into cells in order to metabolize the acids
- Methionine (the “M” in MIC), which prevents fatigue, breaks down fat within the liver, and lowers cholesterol levels
- Lidocaine, which minimizes the pain associated with the injection and helps prevent abnormal heart rhythms
- Riboflavin (B2), which metabolizes carbohydrates, fat, and protein
- Thiamine (B1), which breaks down carbohydrates and converts them into energy
To learn more about B12 and the effect that it could potentially have on your energy levels, contact Pharmacy Rx Solutions today. We’ll gladly provide you with additional information, answer your questions, and supply you with everything you need to get started so that we can determine whether you’re a candidate for these injections.